The insurance world is changing fast due to ever increasing availability of data as well as evolution of technology. By consequence, the industry must move fast to act instead of just reacting. In this context, we are looking for a motivated, proactive and team-oriented Data Scientist to reinforce our Data Office team.
You want to work with different areas of business within the company? You want to collaborate with other analytics teams of Allianz? You want to participate on advanced and strategic data projects? You might be the Data Scientist we’re looking for!
What do you get in return?
- As a Data Scientist, we offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels or Rotterdam (traveling to the other country one day every two weeks if allowed).
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in assistance and insurance.
- A pleasant working atmosphere.
- An experienced and enthusiastic team.
- A fascinating, versatile and multilingual job.
- Development opportunities and a nice salary package supplemented with fringe benefits including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, sports and culture vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance.
- Since January 2021 - Allianz is giving the flexibility to the employees in choosing for a full flex-regime where homeworking will remain the norm even after COVID-19.
Let’s do the match
- You have a background in a Data Science related field (including statistics, mathematics, AI). PhD is not a must but considered as a plus
- You have knowledge of the Insurance sector, the products and industry requirements. A first experience with for example technical pricing of insurance products (especially non-life products) is a plus
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy understandable way
- You're able to work with one or more open-source tools such as R or Python
- You have an advanced knowledge of data science linked to statistical and machine learning techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.)
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and databases for data preparation (e.g. SQL and NoSQL).
- Strong intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Proven leadership with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships and create a true followership of result-driven achievers
- Your English is excellent, and speaking French or Dutch is a plus (but not mandatory).
Working as a Data Scientist within our tribe will give you the opportunity to:
- Drive the industry’s most innovative data solutions together with the company’s business all the way to their daily operations
- Create innovative approaches to answer business questions
- Prepare complete data analyses and models to help solving business problems and deliver significant measurable impact
- Identify and communicate complex data related requirements together with business and IT stakeholders
- Understand the design and development process of data analytics tools and implement models successfully into the existing business processes
- Work with the stakeholders in agile mode to ensure flexibility, continuous improvement and, ultimately, success
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.