The insurance space is changing rapidly. New ways of creating value from data are evolving at a daily pace. As Data Engineer within the Allianz Benelux Data Office, you are constantly collecting data and preparing it for different purposes like advanced analytics, master data hub and business intelligence. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flows for cross functional teams.
As Data Engineer you will support our architects, BI analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal and consistent data delivery throughout the company.
As Data Engineer, we count on you for the following tasks:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Assist in mapping data from physical to logical data models
- Keep our data secure and properly inventoried across the different parts of the organization
- Play a key part in the activities around data governance, data quality, metadata management and data security
What does the team and department look like?
As member of the Data Engineering Chapter, you will be working within our BeNeLux Data Office data experts on various projects. The Data department directly reports to the CFO.
Our product and project portfolio drives many business initiatives across Sales, Marketing, Claims, Operations and Pricing. The projects are executed in squads of which you will be part of, making a difference for Allianz in a scaled, Agile way.
What do we have to offer you?
We believe that a good work-life balance is important, so you will have the possibility to work at least 60% from home with a full-time contract with a large degree of flexibility in how you arrange your working hours. When you will be ready for something new, you will have the opportunities for plenty of internal mobility options within Allianz!
In addition to everything above, you are entitled to:
- We offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels or Rotterdam;
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in insurances
- You will work from our new offices within city center Rotterdam, or from walkable distance from Brussel-North station;
- A pleasant working atmosphere within an experienced and enthusiastic team
- Development opportunities and a nice salary package supplemented with fringe benefits which differ on the country you will be based out of
What will you bring to the table?
As an ideal candidate you will thus be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys both building data systems from the ground up as well as optimizing existing ones. In this role, you will be working in a multi-cultural team, liaising with different departments and colleagues from different countries. Hence, full proficiency in English is a must.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in a data engineering (or similar) role
- Experience in deployment and configuration of CI/CD pipelines
- Expertise in containerization and Kubernetes platform is an asset
- Development experience in data orchestration tools, e.g. Airflow
- Expertise with database technologies. e.g. Snowflake
- Expertise on engineering Enterprise Datawarehouse solutions using DataVault 2.0 methodology
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets. Good Knowledge of ETL / ELT and data warehouse automation tools
- Experience with data governance tooling is a nice to have
- Experience using the following software/tools is an asset:
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools e.g. WhereScape
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases e.g. Snowflake
- Experience on data visualization and BI reporting tools e.g. MicroStrategy, PowerBI
- Experience on graph database
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience on Self Service BI tools e.g. Alteryx
- Strong communication skills. Knowledge of excellent and fluent English is a must. Dutch and French language knowledge is good to have
- Experience with agile way of working is an asset.
Let's introduce ourselves. We are Allianz
Allianz has been the global number 1 insurer for years. Something we are proud of and something we what to share with our employees by giving their careers a boost. We do this by offering multiple trainings to ensure their talents and ambitions are being realized. We firmly believe that a good work/life balance is key, so working from home is here to stay and you can decide yourself when and where you work within certain parameters.
In order to make a social contribution, we sponsor the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Dutch Water Sports Association and the Belgian Athletic Association, amongst others. We are also working every day to improve our living environment. A good example of this is the sponsorship of Sea-shepherd: Join us and let's care for tomorrow.
Have we peaked your interest?
Apply now via the apply button, give a call to our recruiter or send us an email to learn more!
- If you’re interested in joining us in The Netherlands, please contact Milou Waters - [email protected]
- If you’re interested in joining us in Belgium, please contact Noé Falletta- [email protected]