Senior Data Scientist
The insurance world is changing fast due to ever increasing availability of data as well as evolution of technology. By consequence, the industry has to move fast to act instead of just reacting. In this context, the Data Office team of Allianz Benelux - we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is able to work with different areas of business within the company and also able to collaborate with other analytics teams on advanced and strategic data projects.
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.
Working as a Data Scientist within our tribe will give you the opportunity to:
What do you get in return?
- As a Data Scientist, we offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels or Rotterdam (traveling to the other country one day every two weeks if allowed).
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in assistance and insurance;
- Pleasant working atmosphere;
- An experienced and enthusiastic team;
- A fascinating, versatile and multilingual job;
- Development opportunities and a nice salary package supplemented with fringe benefits including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, sports and culture vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance;
- Since January 2021 - Allianz is giving the flexibility to the employees in choosing for a full flex-regime where homeworking will remain the norm even after COVID-19.
You surprise us with:
- You are already graduated from a PhD in a data science field (including statistics, mathematics, AI, etc.), this is a requirement for this role
- You have strong communication skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy understandable way;
- You're able to work with one or more data science related tools such as R or Python;
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.);
- Knowledge in behavioral science, cognitive modelling, reinforcement learning or expertise modelling is an advantage
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and databases (e.g. SQL and NoSQL);
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (e.g. C++, Java) and graph database (e.g. Neo4J);
- Strong intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills;
- Proven leadership with the ability in inspire others, build strong relationships and create a true followership of result-driven achievers.
- Your English is excellent, and speaking French or Dutch is a plus (but not mandatory).