Regional Manager Actuarial Life
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.
Are you an inspirational leader? Are you experienced in actuary life and solvency 2?
Then, we are looking for you to join our great team at Allianz Benelux.
Who are we?
The Corporate Life Actuarial department fulfills a key role within the company by protecting the stability of company, i.e. ensuring it is financially resilient by determining adequate reserves. This secures our commitment to our customers. On top we enable / support profitable growth by challenging new business propositions. A holistic view is paramount: balanced risk / return trade-off while keeping the customers’ interest at heart. In this expert international community we enjoy cross-functional exchange in teams with diverse cultural backgrounds, while embracing a modern style of working. Last but not least: we learn from our mistakes, speak our minds, work & laugh hard while challenging the status quo.
Who are we looking for?
Life Actuarial department is in the middle of its transformation roadmap: from implementing new technologies to reshaping processes and going fully Agile! In this active and challenging environment we are looking for reinforcements to succeed in meeting our ambitious goals.
This means we expect you:
- Have a pro-active problem solving attitude. You are always ambitious (but realistic) in setting your (team’s) goals and have a track record in execution of plans / projects. You stay up to date in the actuarial field and implement the latest developments.
- Have a Master’s degree in Actuarial science or in another relevant quantitative field.
- Have strong knowledge of Solvency 2 or IFRS17.
- Have 5+ years of experience in an actuarial reporting position or something closely related to it.
- Are able to manage different stakeholders (from BoM to your direct colleagues).
- Communicate fluently in English.
- Able to make presentations on the spot / adapt your communication style to your audience.
- Have the intrinsic drive and skills to further develop a very talented team of individuals in a regional setting with different cultures / approaches.
- Are able to challenge your team of coding experts (Python / C++ / WTW RA FM etc.) to efficiently handle and analyze large and diverse loads of data or to model the actuarial cash flows of our life insurance products.
Your responsibilities as a regional leader:
- Responsible for the actuarial calculations and reporting (incl. meaningful analysis) in Solvency 2, includes monitoring the new business profitability and challenging new business propositions.
- Responsible for improvement / harmonization of the existing processes surrounding data analysis, assumption settings, actuarial models, and control framework.
- Business partnering: able to communicate clear messages towards our stakeholders in steering our life business. Provide actionable business insights in various committees (e.g. reserve committee / smart circles, etc) after portfolio analysis.
- Leading new projects, such as M&A, implementation of new technologies, etc.
- Product owner in the life ecosystem (cross departmental cooperation).
What we offer
* Excellent competitive salary and secondary conditions.
* An engaging diverse team of experts spread out over the Benelux and Romania.
* Freedom to determine where & when you work (New way of working) – output driven.
o We have a proven track record of promoting internal talent: are you our next Chief Actuary or Chief Risk Officer?
o You get access to our Allianz’ global Finance community with leadership / expert classes;
o You have the ability to follow internal / external trainings (e.g. Xcelerate Academy).