Portfolio Manager Benelux
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.
Regarding the role
Within our Steering department, we are looking for a Portfolio Manager Benelux, specialized in the Property line of Business. This is a new approach within Allianz Benelux, you'll be working with 6 others direct steering managers responsible for Engineering, Liability, Marine, Workers Accidents & Transversal Projects.
The challenges in this role are reaching a technical excellence in P&C MidCorp (larger commercial risks) by defining and executing action plans related to Allianz Rules for Technical Management in P&C and to the new Midcorp upgrade initiatives.
- Lead, steer, monitor and control the P&C Midcorp Non-Motor business for the assigned line of business to ensure achievement of profitable growth according to plan. Ensure compliance with all relevant Group standards (ASU, Allianz Rules for Technical Management in P/C, ...).
- Develop the underwriting strategy and guidelines for his assigned Line of Business and collaborate with Underwriting to implement and execute it.
- Manage the exceptional UW referrals excluded by the perimeter of the Midcorp Underwriters.
- Define and execute the technical product development, in collaboration wit other stakeholders.
- You'll be responsible for your portfolio steering and monitoring : control portfolio to drive achievement of financial targets (e.g. combined ratio).
- Defines the underwriting strategy to drive profitable growth and ensure the strategy is faithfully executed.
- Identify market opportunities, including potential markets, target segments and clients, in liaison with other functions.
- Conduct Underwriting File Reviews and execute the exceptional underwriting within the assigned authorization, including facultative reinsurance needs in collaboration with Reinsurance Department.
- You will also be in contact with several departments within Allianz Benelux, therefore relationship management is key like participating proactively in local, regional & Group projects and representing P&C TA Midcorp within AZ Benelux, and externally to specific insurance association workgroups.
What are we looking for ?
- You're holding a Master in an economics/business orientation
- You have at least 5 years of experience in an underwriter position in the Property area
- If you you have some notions of Project Management and have already take the lead on some projects, it' s a nice asset
- You feel comfortable with Excel with new tools such as dashboarding such as Power BI, you are at ease with working with figures
- Strong stakeholder management skills are required
- You can express yourselves easily in English, speaking Dutch and/or French is a nice asset
What do you get in return ?
- An engaging and diverse team with an international exposure
- A role with a nice variety of tasks : from project management to the management of your portfolio, following up on underwriting guidelines
- Flexibility : freedom to determine where & when you work (New way of working) – output driven.
- You have the room to take risks / make mistakes and learn from them – growth driven and, to challenge status quo and drive positive changes – Improvement driven
- This is your next step if you have a relevant experience in Underwriting
- You get access to one of our best academies : the P&C Academy
- You also have the ability to follow internal/external trainings (in-house Xcelerate Academy).