(Freelance) Life Controller
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.
Who are we?
The IFRS17 Life squad is responsible for the implementation of the IFRS17 Accounting Standard for the life insurance legal entities of Allianz in the Benelux region. This is a cross functional squad which contains the entire finance value chain, from life actuarial and risk management to accounting and controlling. The IFRS17 squad is part of the Life ecosystem within Finance and reports to the Ecosystem leads: life chief actuary and the head of life strategic projects.
- Responsible for tracking and forecasting the P&L and financial KPI’s of our Life Insurance Activity, making the link with the business in order to provide meaningful business insights for business steering.
- Investigating, challenging and explaining variances in the P&L, sources of profit and other KPI’s
- Developing and maintaining internal and group management reporting
- Initiating advanced automation & dashboarding within our department, targeting simple visualisations of complex analysis
- Participation in projects applying the Agile methodology.
We are looking for someone with the following experience and skills:
- Graduate Master in Economics or Actuarial
- 3 years working experience in Insurance Finance Department or similar
- Build relations with strong communication skills;
- Knowledge of (Life) Insurance business
- Knowledge of Solvency 2 and IFRS17 frameworks is a plus
- Conceptual, analytical and precise;
- Proactive, solution oriented;
- Result driven;
- Able to understand, build and maintain complex (data) models;
- Flexible, capable of managing stress and deadlines;
- Team player;
- Fluent in English;
- Drive to learn and knowledge expansion
What we offer
o Excellent competitive salary and secondary conditions.
o An engaging and diverse team of experts spread out over the Benelux and Romania
o to determine where & when you work (New way of working) – output driven.
o to pursue innovative and creative solutions – Solution driven
o to take risks / make mistakes and learn from them – growth driven
o to challenge status quo and drive positive changes – Improvement driven
o Development opportunities:
o We have a proven track record of rapidly promoting internal talent: are you our next Head of Controlling, Chief Accountant, Chief Actuary or Chief Risk Officer?
o You get access to our Allianz’ global Finance community with leadership / expert classes;
o You have the ability to follow internal/external trainings (in-house Xcelerate Academy).