Experienced Life Actuary: Master of assumptions!
To remain at the top of the market, we believe it is important to be able to respond quickly and effectively to the needs of the customer. To make this happen, we are looking for an experienced life actuary.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.
The Solvency 2 squad is responsible for the financial reporting under the Solvency 2 regime for the life insurance legal entities of Allianz in the Benelux region. This is a cross-functional squad which contains the entire finance value chain, from life actuarial and risk management to accounting and controlling. The squad is part of the Life ecosystem within Finance and reports to the Ecosystem leads: the life chief actuary and the head of life strategic projects. In this expert international community, we enjoy cross-functional exchange in teams with diverse cultural backgrounds, while embracing a modern style of working. Last but not least: we learn from our mistakes, speak our minds, work & laugh hard while challenging the status quo!
What is the task of a senior actuary life within Allianz?
- Annual update of assumptions (mortality / surrender / expenses / crediting strategy) for the life actuarial models.
- Connect the dots between our product characteristics, data and modelling to further improve the assumption setting process, from the data extraction / management and visualization, to the reporting of the updated new assumptions to our stakeholders.
- Monthly tracking of the portfolio transactions against our expected model projections to assess the accuracy of our assumptions / model (new process to be set up).
This is you:
- You have a Master’s degree in quantitative field (Actuarial science / Statistics / Mathematics or another relevant field). Being a qualified actuary is seen as a plus.
- You have a can-do and pragmatic attitude with a track record on executing on projects. Experience in setting assumptions for actuarial models is seen a plus.
- You are comfortable with coding in various software languages, to efficiently manage data.
- You are able to manage different stakeholders (from BoM to your direct colleagues).
- You communicate fluently in English.
- You translate complex topics into clear and understandable messages for your audience.
- You are able to make presentations on the spot.
What we offer
- Excellent competitive salary and secondary conditions.
- An engaging diverse team of experts spread out over the Benelux and Romania.
- Freedom to determine where & when you work (output focused).
- Development opportunities:
- We have a proven track record of promoting internal talent: are you our next Chief Actuary or Chief Risk Officer?
- You get access to our Allianz’ global Finance community with leadership / expert classes;
- You have the ability to follow internal / external trainings (e.g. Xcelerate Academy).