Experienced Life Actuary
The Actuarial Function of Allianz Benelux is looking for an experienced life actuary to strengthen the team and advance it to the next level of expertise and technical excellence.
Who are we?
We are responsible for sign-off of reserves/Technical Provisions, product approval as well as provides feedback on, and challenge, the risk capital calculations. We protect the long term stability of the company by ensuring it is financially resilient, securing our commitment to our customers and embrace a modern style of working and the motivation of each and every member of the community is our key interest. We can make mistakes to learn, speak our minds, work hard, laugh hard and wear colorful socks/minds!
What will your role be?
We offer a dynamic and flexible role for an experienced life actuary in the Actuarial Function team covering the Benelux region. You report directly to the Actuarial Function Holder. As Allianz Benelux is a composite insurance company, your work covers the full insurance landscape (individual life insurance, employee benefits contracts, collective schemes, savings products). Your focus will be on life technical provisions and model validation. You are open to expand your horizon into other insurance fields (Health / Non-Life).
- Review product design, calculation of technical provisions and model validation
- Challenge the best estimate life assumptions, enhance back-testing and sensitivity analysis.
- Data analysis, model replication, calculation benchmarking and statistical testing to ultimately approve the reserves and Technical Provisions.
- Organize the Parameter and Assumption Approval Committee and challenge the parameter/model changes presented.
- Provide input / participate in the product approval and loss reserve committees, linking portfolio characteristics to real world observations.
- Design and implement new methods and processes, maximizing available data and bringing the Actuarial Function to the next level.
- Creation of formal annual reports to the Board and Regulator(s).
- Stakeholder management, from CRO, Chief Actuary to the Heads of business domains.
What we offer
- An engaging multi-cultural team of experts spread out between Rotterdam and Brussels
- Versatile work, with the flexibility to be involved in Life, Non-Life, Health and Income Protection business in Belgium as well as the Netherlands
- A pleasant working atmosphere where taking initiative is encouraged and failures seen as opportunities to improve
- Development opportunities, access to Allianz’ global risk and actuarial community, and ability to follow internal and external trainings
Who are you?
You are an experienced life actuary and you like to be challenged. You do not take statements at face value, and are driven to understand the underlying dynamics. You stay up to date in the actuarial field, are eager to learn and implement the newest developments. You are a skilled programmer and you have passion to perform model validations and provide your opinion on the calculation of technical provisions and the profitability of products. You don’t shy away from joining forces with the business to improve the level of expertise.
What we expect from you ?
- You have at least a Master’s degree in Actuarial Sciences, Econometrics, Statistics or a similar field of expertise
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience in Life Insurance
- You have knowledge of life insurance products in Belgium and / or the Netherlands
- Excellent IT / software skills – Python, R, SAS
- You are familiar with life liability cash-flow models (e.g., MoSeS, Prophet)
- Experience with Willis Towers Watson actuarial software (eg. RAFM, Moses, etc.) is a plus
- Your basis will be either Brussels or Rotterdam and you are flexible to travel 1 day per week between the locations
- You communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English and French or Dutch
- Ability to make presentation to Board Member on the spot
About Allianz Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140,000 people and serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs, and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people, and collects 2.8 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, Allianz Direct. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.3 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.