Head of MidCorp Underwriting
About Allianz in the Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140,000 people and serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs, and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people, and collects 2.1 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, Allsecur. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.1 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.
About the role
The Head of MidCorp leads the Underwriting of the P&C Midcorp business in Belgium, implementing the Underwriting strategy defined by steering and in collaboration with them in order to ensure achievement of plan objectives (Profitability and Growth). He/She leads the relationship with the Belgian brokers to develop Allianz portfolio according to strategy as well as long term sustainable relations and build action plans with the brokers to achieve Company's objective, be the face of Allianz among them.
The main challenge for this function is to further develop the Midcorp Business in Belgium, build synergies within the Group (AGCS, Euler Hermes,..) in order to leverage the Group strengths and be One Allianz for the market (brokers and customers), to achieve operational excellence by constantly improving processes in own area in collaboration with other domains (e.g. IT, Data office).
The Head of Midcorp Underwriting Belgium will support and contribute to:
- The definition of the UW strategy for each line of P&C business to increase profitable growth.
- The identification of market opportunities, including potential markets, target segments and clients.
- The development and implementation of UW rules and principles, guidelines and best practice processes and standards.
- The assignment of underwriting authorities plus managing the escalation procedure.
- Develop the P&C Midcorp portfolio for profitability and growth.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Group standards (ASU, MSTM, etc.).
- Drive U/W planning process and monitor adherence to plan (including renewals and global agreements with brokers).
- Insure for a high level of quality of servicing brokers and customers, using SLA and KPI to monitor the Large account business.
- Provide support to and participate in the development and implementation of new and modified products in Midcorp.
- Support development and implementation of pricing tools.
- Provides adequate coaching, development and support to steer U/W activities through team members, ensuring the sustained performance of the U/W teams.
- Assures the knowledge sharing and technical training of brokers and internal stakeholders (Ops & Sales)
- Builds sustainable partnership relations with brokers active in Midcorp based on high level of UW competences and services.
- Coordinates and plans the support of S&D by insuring an active presence of the Underwriters in the brokers' offices.
- Represents P&C Midcorp externally to the Belgian market and internally within the Allianz Group (Seminar, trainings,...) in a professional manner.
- Represents Allianz reflecting the People Attributes; shows examplary behavior regarding leadership; provides open, transparent feedback and follow up on development and performance management
- Proactively collaborates and connects of other functional areas in the UW process
- Efficiently develops the Belgian Midcorp business within the AOM and the matricial structure of the UW organisation (UW Belgium / Steering Benelux).
- Support technical excellence across domains, being a team player in the Technical P&C mgt team.
- Coordinates the CBB platform for Belgium
- Significant experience (5-10 years) in U/W management position in relevant LoB
- Experience in U/W in different Commercial Lines LoBs
- Successful track record of leadership of direct teams and working in matrix environment
- Able to drive change and act as a change facilitator for Midcorp UW.
- Successful track record of developing Midcorp business with brokers
- Successful track record of leading projects within Technical Area
- Broad operational skills and experience in an underwriting or broking environment, including budgetary management, financial management, claims, resource allocation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with the ability to work well in a team environment.
We DARE to challenge you to join Allianz and bring it to the next level!
Allianz is also doing everything it can to prevent the further spread of the Coronavirus. One of the measures is to work from home as much as possible. Does this mean that we no longer conduct introductory meetings? Absolutely not! From now on, the application procedure will simply take place via digital channels.Solliciteren