Allianz is the HOME for those who DARE!
About Allianz in the Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140,000 people and serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs, and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people, and collects 2.1 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, Allsecur. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.1 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.
Who are we?
The Corporate Life Actuarial department fulfills a key role within the company by protecting the long term stability of the company by ensuring it is financially resilient by determining adequate reserves. This secures our commitment to our customers. On top we enable / support profitable growth by challenging new business propositions. A holistic view is paramount: balanced risk / return trade-off while keeping the customers’ interest at heart. In this expert international community we enjoy cross-functional exchange in diverse teams, while embracing a modern style of working. Last but not least: we learn from our mistakes, speak our minds, work & laugh hard while challenging the status quo!
When others dwell on issues, you like to focus on / discuss possible solutions. Inefficient processes / models trigger your natural reflex to improve them. Next to working with / building actuarial models to capture the actuarial reality, you do not shy away from translating complex matters into something meaningful for our stakeholders. Putting theory into practice is something you live by.Finally, you stay up to date in the actuarial field and implement the latest developments.
- Actuarial calculations and reporting (incl. meaningful analysis) for the IFRS4 (Belgium Life book) until IFRS17 goes into effect.
- Support the transition to IFRS17 (technical / conceptual implementation).
- Improvement of the existing processes surrounding data analysis, actuarial models, and controls.
- Provide input / actively participate in the Life Reserve Committee: linking portfolio characteristics to real world observations and challenging product design, underwriting criteria, and reinsurance structure.
- Stakeholder management, from colleagues of different domains to BoM members.
This means we expect you:
- have a Master’s degree in Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or a similar field of expertise.
- are an IABE Qualified Actuary / AAG or in the process of achieving this
- have (min) 3-years of experience with IFRS 4 (USGAAP) actuarial calculations & reporting.
- have excellent software skills - C++ (MoSes or RAFM) / SAS / Python / R or have the appetite to develop them.
- communicate fluently (oral and written) in English, in addition to either Dutch or French
- can make presentations to Board Member on the spot.
What we offer
- Excellent salary and secondary conditions.
- An engaging multi-cultural team of experts spread out over the Benelux.
- Freedom to determine where & when you work (New way of working).
- Development opportunities, access to Allianz’ global Finance community, and ability to follow internal and external trainings.
We DARE to challenge you to join Allianz Benelux and bring it to the next level!
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!Solliciteren
Ook Allianz doet er alles aan om verdere verspreiding van het Coronavirus te voorkomen. Eén van de maatregelen is dat er zoveel mogelijk thuis gewerkt wordt. Betekent dit dat wij geen kennismakingsgesprekken meer voeren? Absoluut niet! Vanaf nu vindt de sollicitatieprocedure gewoon via digitale kanalen plaats.