Allianz is the home for those who dare!
Do you want to become Chief Risk Officer, Chief Actuary or Actuarial Function Holder? Or is your dream job the one of data scientist/engineer or transformation manager? Would it be cool to become Head of Underwriting Office or Executive assistant to the Regional Chief Executive Officer? Those are only a few examples of positions to which some of risk team members were promoted to during last 3 years.
Being part of Risk Management team at Allianz offers great possibilities to contribute to the strategy of the company. You will be balancing the risks and the performance, being regularly exposed to senior executives incl. CEO and CFO, and participate in major projects. There are also many opportunities to dive into quantitative analysis on solvency and all the risks present in the balance sheet.
Guess what? YES, we are hiring again and looking for new talented colleagues.
The Regional Risk Management function represents a key building block in protecting the company and its balance sheet while supporting risk/return considerations via contribution to Asset Liability Management (ALM) as well as Capital Management. Given the nature of the business in our Benelux region, the full risk universe is covered. It’s an expert international community where hierarchy and having no opinion is not desired.
We enjoy cross-functional exchange in diverse teams. Last but not least, we embrace a modern style of working and the motivation of each and every member of the community is our key interest. We make mistakes to learn, speak our minds, work hard, laugh hard and wear colorful socks/minds!
Do you dare to?
Who are we?
The Risk Steering team is responsible for several domains that require both a quantitative and qualitative approach to risk analysis. The domains covered are mainly about Asset & Liability Management, Capital Management, Top Risks Assessment, the reporting to the Risk Committee and the risk monitoring across all risks types. Collaboration with the other two teams of Risk Management (Risk Aggregation & Modelling, Enterprise Risk Management) happens on a daily basis. As the scope covered is large, there are also regular touch points with other teams across finance, technical area, operations, etc...
What will your role be?
We offer a dynamic and flexible role for a Risk Manager in the Risk Steering team covering the Benelux region. The role is a part of our regional Risk Management department and you report directly to the Risk Steering lead. As Allianz Benelux is a composite insurance company, your work covers the full risk landscape across a large variety of activities.
Your main responsibilities:
- Assess the top risks and emerging risks inside the company, with a combination of qualitative and quantitative approach;
- Perform scenario analysis and stress tests, support the ORSA process;
- Prepare the presentation material for the Board of Management and the Risk Committee;
- Participate to strategic projects from risk perspective;
- Manage the internal communication on key risk metrics.
What we offer
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, the world leader in financial provision and insurance;
- An engaging multi-cultural team of experts spread out between Rotterdam and Brussels;
- Versatile work, with the flexibility to be involved in financial topics, but also in Life, Non-Life, Health and Income Protection business in Belgium as well as the Netherlands;
- A motivating work atmosphere where taking initiative is encouraged and failures seen as opportunities to improve;
- Development opportunities, access to Allianz’ global risk and actuarial community, and the possibility to follow internal and external trainings.
- Brand new offices at working distance from the railway station North in Brussels. Your basis is preferably in Brussels but Rotterdam is also possible.
What we expect from you
- You have at least a Master’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Actuarial Sciences or a similar field of expertise;
- You are comfortable with financial mathematics, actuarial techniques being a plus;
- Advanced IT / programming / software skills – Excel, VBA, Access, R, SAS;
- Professional experience of 5 to 10 years;
- Experience in a similar domain within the Insurance sector with exposure to solvency regulation is a strong plus;
- Fluent English (oral and written) and in addition to either Dutch or French.
We DARE to challenge you to join Allianz Benelux and bring it to the next level!
Have we sparked your interest?
Don’t hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!