You will be working at the heart of a leading insurance company.
We offer a dynamic environment where you are part of the Controlling function.
With strong analytical insights, you are expected to connect the dots between Life and Investment Business and Finance.
You will be co-shaping our Finance of the future. We foster personal development and strive for high learning curves. We offer relevant education and an output-driven flexible way of working.
As Life Insurance Controller, you will work within the Finance Life Ecosystem, a multi-disciplinary team covering the entire Finance Value Chain (Actuarial, Risk, Accounting, Controlling). Your primary focus will be on the Belgian Life activity. You will actively support and challenge our senior business partners, including direct interaction with the regional Chief Financial Officer. Based on facts and figures, you perform regular updates and sharp analytics.
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.
Main tasks of the function:
- Responsible for tracking and forecasting the P&L and financial KPI’s of our Life Insurance Activity, making the link with the business in order to provide meaningful business insights for business steering.
- Investigating, challenging and explaining variances in the P&L, sources of profit and other KPI’s
- Developing and maintaining internal and group management reporting
- Initiating advanced automation & dashboarding within our department, targeting simple visualisations of complex analysis
- Participation in projects applying the Agile methodology.
We are recruiting candidates with the following skills
- Graduate Master in Economics or Actuarial
- 3 years working experience in Insurance Finance Department or similar
- Build relations with strong communication skills;
- Knowledge of (Life) Insurance business
- Knowledge of Solvency 2 and IFRS17 frameworks is a plus
- Conceptual, analytical and precise;
- Proactive, solution oriented;
- Result driven;
- Able to understand, build and maintain complex (data) models;
- Flexible, capable of managing stress and deadlines;
- Team player;
- Fluent in English;
- Drive to learn and knowledge expansion
What we offer
- Excellent competitive salary and secondary conditions.
- An engaging and diverse team of experts spread out over the Benelux and Romania
- To determine where & when you work (New way of working) – output driven.
- To pursue innovative and creative solutions – Solution driven
- To take risks / make mistakes and learn from them – growth driven
- To challenge status quo and drive positive changes – Improvement driven
- Development opportunities:
- We have a proven track record of rapidly promoting internal talent: are you our next Head of Controlling, Chief Accountant, Chief Actuary or Chief Risk Officer?
- You get access to our Allianz’ global Finance community with leadership / expert classes;
- You have the ability to follow internal/external trainings (in-house Xcelerate Academy).