Head of Underwriting
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.
About the role
The Head of MidCorp leads the Underwriting of the P&C Midcorp business in Belgium, implementing the Underwriting strategy defined by steering and in collaboration with them in order to ensure achievement of plan objectives (Profitability and Growth). He/She leads the relationship with the Belgian brokers to develop Allianz portfolio according to strategy as well as long term sustainable relations and build action plans with the brokers to achieve Company's objective, be the face of Allianz among them.
The main challenge for this function is to further develop the Midcorp Business in Belgium, build synergies within the Group (AGCS, Euler Hermes,..) in order to leverage the Group strengths and be One Allianz for the market (brokers and customers), to achieve operational excellence by constantly improving processes in own area in collaboration with other domains (e.g. IT, Data office).
The Head of Midcorp Underwriting Belgium will support and contribute to:
- The definition of the UW strategy for each line of P&C business to increase profitable growth.
- The identification of market opportunities, including potential markets, target segments and clients.
- The development and implementation of UW rules and principles, guidelines and best practice processes and standards.
- The assignment of underwriting authorities plus managing the escalation procedure.
- Develop the P&C Midcorp portfolio for profitability and growth.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Group standards (ASU, MSTM, etc.).
- Drive U/W planning process and monitor adherence to plan (including renewals and global agreements with brokers).
- Insure for a high level of quality of servicing brokers and customers, using SLA and KPI to monitor the Large account business.
- Provide support to and participate in the development and implementation of new and modified products in Midcorp.
- Support development and implementation of pricing tools.
- Provides adequate coaching, development and support to steer U/W activities through team members, ensuring the sustained performance of the U/W teams.
- Assures the knowledge sharing and technical training of brokers and internal stakeholders (Ops & Sales)
- Builds sustainable partnership relations with brokers active in Midcorp based on high level of UW competences and services.
- Coordinates and plans the support of S&D by insuring an active presence of the Underwriters in the brokers' offices.
- Represents P&C Midcorp externally to the Belgian market and internally within the Allianz Group (Seminar, trainings,...) in a professional manner.
- Represents Allianz reflecting the People Attributes; shows examplary behavior regarding leadership; provides open, transparent feedback and follow up on development and performance management
- Proactively collaborates and connects of other functional areas in the UW process
- Efficiently develops the Belgian Midcorp business within the AOM and the matricial structure of the UW organisation (UW Belgium / Steering Benelux).
- Support technical excellence across domains, being a team player in the Technical P&C Management Team.
- Coordinates the CBB platform for Belgium
- Significant experience (5-10 years) in U/W management position in relevant LoB
- Experience in U/W in different Commercial Lines LoBs
- Successful track record of leadership of direct teams and working in matrix environment
- Able to drive change and act as a change facilitator for Midcorp UW.
- Successful track record of developing Midcorp business with brokers
- Successful track record of leading projects within Technical Area
- Broad operational skills and experience in an underwriting or broking environment, including budgetary management, financial management, claims, resource allocation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with the ability to work well in a team environment.
What do you get in return ?
- An engaging, analytical, social, and multilingual job within an experienced and enthusiastic team;
- Flexibility : freedom to determine where & when you work (New way of working) – output driven.
- You have the room to take risks / make mistakes and learn from them – growth driven and, to challenge status quo and drive positive changes – Improvement driven
- We offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels, in a brand new building
- Working for a company that is financially stable
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!