Enterprise Risk Manager
Do you aspire to become Chief Risk Officer, Transformation Manager or Executive Assistant of the Regional Chief Executive Officer? Are you ambitious and want to make an impact?
Those are few exemplar positions risk team members were promoted to during the last 3 years.
Being part of the Risk Management team at Allianz offers great possibilities to contribute to the strategy of the company, balancing risks and performance, being regularly exposed to senior executives incl. CEO and CFO, and participating in projects that shape our company. There are also many opportunities to dive into qualitative or quantitative analysis on solvency as well as all the risks present in the balance sheet.
Guess what? YES, we are hiring and looking for new talented colleagues.
The Regional Risk Management function represents a key building block in protecting the company and its balance sheet while supporting risk/return considerations via contribution to asset/liability and capital management. Given the nature of our business in the Benelux region, the full risk universe is covered. It’s an expert international community where hierarchy and having no opinion are not desired.
Let's introduce ourselves.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.
Who are we?
The Enterprise Risk Management team is responsible for assessing, monitoring and steering the integrated risk and control framework. Covering risks emerging from the operational, IT, legal & compliance and financial reporting areas.
What will your role be?
As Enterprise Risk manager, you will play a critical second line of defence role to ensure the company is resilient to operational, project and vendor related risks. You will be part of the Enterprise Risk Management team, working closely together with, not only, operations and IT, but also with compliance, finance and project teams. You will be responsible for further developing the metrics to measure, assess the company's operational risks and ensuring compliance with the established management policies and standards. Your tasks include the assessment of operational losses and working with key stakeholders to remediate the root causes.
A key component to be successful in this role is to build collaborative and trusting relationships with business leaders and colleagues throughout the three line of defence model.
- You will identify the key risks in processes, activities and projects, but also proactively propose solutions to mitigate these
- You support and challenge the 1st line of defense in managing and monitoring their risks
- You will coordinate testing of the controls, and follow-up on operational events impacting the stability of the company
- You will organize and prepare quarterly meetings with senior management to report on strategic risks, operational risk events and the ongoing quality of the control structure
- You will build and nourish close working relations with the Operations & IT, as well as with the Compliance, Finance and Project teams.
We are looking for:
- You have at least a Master’s degree in Business Economics/Administration, Business Information Technology / Science, Legal / Law or related field
- You have at least 3 years of related experience in Operational / IT or information risk management, (internal) audit or compliance.
- Able to communicate fluently in English and French and possibly also Dutch
- Familiarity with control frameworks (COSO, COBIT5, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent communicator / strong stakeholder management
- Ability to communicate clearly on complex topics and present to the Board of Management on the spot
- Travelling in the Benelux is no issue.
Talent must be rewarded, this is what we offer:
- Attractive salary
- Holiday pay
- Thirteenth month
- Work from home - Full Flexibility
- Meal vouchers
- Group insurance
- Hospitalization insurance
- Accident insurance
- Eco vouchers
- Culture vouchers
- Gift vouchers
- Work week of 35h40 min
- Work / life balance
- Working in a modern environment (brand new building)
- Central workplace - in the shadow of Brussels North
- Working for a global player number 1 in insurances
- Continuous training opportunities
- Great colleagues
- Lots of team building activities
- Working for a company with a solid financial basis
- Real career opportunities
Allianz is also doing everything it can to prevent the further spread of the Coronavirus. One of the measures is to work from home as much as possible. Does this mean that we no longer conduct introductory meetings? Absolutely not! From now on, the application procedure will simply take place via digital channels.