Senior Data Engineer
The insurance space is changing rapidly. New ways of creating value from data are evolving at a daily pace. Within Allianz Benelux, we are looking for a Data Engineer who can juggle and do magic with data. Are you our internal magician?
As Data Engineer within the well-established Allianz Benelux Data Office, you are constantly collecting data and preparing it for different purposes like advanced analytics, master data hub and business intelligence. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flows for cross functional teams.
As Data Engineer you will support our architects, BI analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal and consistent data delivery throughout the company. You are self-directed and proactive to identify and support the data needs of different teams and projects. You are also excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
As an ideal candidate you will thus be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys both building data systems from the ground up as well as optimizing existing ones. In this role, you will be working in a multi-cultural team, liaising with different departments and colleagues from different countries. Hence, full proficiency in English is a must.
What do you get in return?
- As a Data Engineer, we offer you a full-time challenging role in an international landscape based in Brussels or Rotterdam (traveling to the other country one day every two weeks if allowed)
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, world leader in assistance and insurance
- A pleasant working atmosphere
- An experienced and enthusiastic team
- A fascinating, versatile and multilingual job
- Development opportunities and a nice salary package supplemented with fringe benefits including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, sports and culture vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance
- Since January 2021 - Allianz is giving the flexibility to the employees in choosing for a full flex-regime where homeworking will remain the norm even after COVID-19
Let’s do the match
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in a data engineering (or similar) role
- Expertise with database technologies. e.g. Snowflake
- Expertise on engineering Enterprise Datawarehouse solutions using DataVault 2.0 methodology
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets. Good Knowledge of ETL / ELT and data warehouse automation tools
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Experience in build processes to support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience with data governance tooling
- Experience using the following software/tools is an asset:
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools e.g. Wherescape
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases e.g. Snowflake
- Experience on data visualization and BI reporting tools e.g. Microstrategy, PowerBI
- Experience on graph database
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience on Self Service BI tools e.g. Alteryx
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic and multi-national environment
- Strong communication skills. Knowledge of excellent and fluent English is a must. Dutch and French language knowledge is good to have
- Experience with agile way of working is an asset, in particular related to a scrum sprint setup
As Senior Data Engineer, we count on you for the following tasks:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Assist in mapping data from physical to logical data models
- Keep our data secure and properly inventoried across the different parts of the organization
- Play a key part in the activities around data governance, data quality, metadata management and data security
Let's introduce ourselves: We are Allianz.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
In Belgium, Allianz is therefore one of the major players in the insurance market. We are with more than a thousand colleagues in Belgium and that number doubles in our Dutch colleagues.