Quantitative Risk Manager
Do you want to become Chief Risk Officer, Chief Actuary or Actuarial Function Holder? Or is your dream job data scientist/financial engineer? Would it be cool to become Head of the Underwriting Office or Executive assistant to the Regional Chief Executive Officer?
Those are few exemplar positions which some of risk team members were promoted to during the last 3 years.
Being part of the Risk Management team at Allianz offers great possibilities to contribute to the strategy of the company, balancing the risks and the performance, being frequently exposed to senior executives incl. CEO, CFO, etc. and participate in major projects. There are also great opportunities to dive into quantitative analysis of solvency and all the risks present on the balance sheet.
Guess what? YES, we are hiring and are looking for a Quantitative Risk Manager to strengthen the Balance Sheet Management squad.
Boris Boonstra - Quantitative Risk Manager :
In this team I work with professionals that I can learn from and who let me take on challenging opportunities that take me to the next level.
In addition, we also do activities outside of work, which ensures a good environment in the workplace
What will your role be?
We offer a dynamic and flexible role for a Quantitative Risk Manager in the Balance Sheet Management squad covering the Benelux region. As Allianz Benelux is a composite insurance company, your work covers the full insurance landscape including both life and non-life insurance. It is a broad function as it also covers the full scope of Solvency II, but also applying our expertise to further implement IFRS9 and 17.
- Maintain and enhance SCR model, including parametrization of investment strategy in Asset and Liability Interaction Model
- Perform solvency forecasting (Own Funds and SCR)
- Improve efficiency and automation of various data and calculation processes
- Contribute to regulatory quantitative requests
- Support the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in solvency sensitivity analyses
What we offer
- Competitive salary and secondary conditions
- An engaging multi-cultural team of experts spread out between Rotterdam, Brussels and Romania
- Versatile work, with the flexibility to be involved in financial topics, but also in Life, Non-Life, Health and Income Protection business in Netherlands as well Belgium
- A motivating work atmosphere where taking initiative is encouraged and failures seen as opportunities to improve
- Development opportunities, access to Allianz’ global risk and actuarial community, and ability to follow internal and external trainings
- Freedom to determine where & when you work (output focused)
- What we expect from you
Who are you?
- You have at least a Master’s degree in Econometrics, Statistics, (Financial) Engineering, Actuarial Sciences or a similar field of expertise
- Excellent IT / programming skills, e.g. Python, R, Excel, VBA or SQL
- Previous experience in the field of Finance/Insurance is a plus
- Able to communicate fluently (oral and written) in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly on complex topics
Who are we?
The Balance Sheet Management squad is a diverse agile team consisting of Risk, Actuarial and Investment experts. During sprints, the squad works on projects covering various parts of the balance sheet such as Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR) calculations, Asset & Liability management (ALM) and Capital Management. We enjoy cross-functional exchange in diverse teams and embrace a modern style of working and the motivation of each and every member of the community is our key interest. We make mistakes to learn, speak our minds, work hard, laugh hard and wear colorful socks/minds! Do you dare to?
All projects involve working with substantial amounts of data that continues to grow every day requiring continuous optimization of tooling. We are looking for someone who likes to get their hands dirty, gets annoyed by slow, incomplete and ugly processes, but also strives to come up with creative financial engineering solutions.