Data Engineer & BI Specialist
As a Data Engineer you will work on the expansion and maintenance of the current Data Warehouse and ensure BI enhancements to support Pricing, Steering and Management decisions.
Allianz has been the number 1 insurer worldwide for years. Something we are proud of, but it is easier to get there than to stay. We work very hard for this every day. We believe it is very important to maintain the good relationship with our brokers and even improve it where possible. Every day again. Allianz has therefore deliberately chosen to market our products and services exclusively through professional brokers.
- Maintain the Data Warehouse and add new sources to it
- Act as an ambassador for the Data Warehouse both within the Pricing team as well as in other parts of the organization to build awareness of the Data Warehouse and its possibilities
- Attend discussions and contribute to the decision-making process about potential migration of our Data Warehouse to a new platform
- Assist in the implementation and enhancement of dashboards and BI tools to support risk analysis and portfolio management
- Being aware off the pricing roadmap, support the Pricing team by assisting in data preparation tasks for their statistical and predictive models. You will be a key part of the Pricing team and directly cooperate with the users
- A bachelor or master degree in a relevant field such as computer- or information science or econometrics
- At least 3 years of working experience as a BI/DWH developer or as a data passionate Pricing Actuary
- Experience on BI Tools such as Microstrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik;
- Strong SQL skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge about P&C Insurance Systems and Pricing is a big plus
- Knowledge of Oracle, Snowflake, Wherescape, Powershell are a plus
What do you get in return?
- We offer you a challenging role in an international landscape (mainly Rotterdam/Brussels)
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, the world leader in assistance and insurance
- A pleasant working atmosphere and a great work-life balance, we therefore implemented a full flex regime where homeworking will remain
- An experienced and enthusiastic team
- An engaging, analytical, social, multilingual job in a close-knit Benelux company;
- Development opportunities and an attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits in line with your experience
Have we sparked your interest?
Don’t hesitate, apply online and discover your potential at Allianz!