Accountant / Controller
Allianz Benelux is looking for an ambitious accountant/controller aiming to accelerate their career by working on IFRS17 at its inception.
Who are we?
As one of the four Ecosystems within Allianz Benelux’s Finance Department, the Life Ecosystem is responsible for producing & explaining the local GAAP, IFRS9/17 and Solvency II figures needed to steer Allianz’s life business lines in Belgium & the Netherlands. As such, we are a key business partner for all users of these figures, engaging with stakeholders including regional Board members, Chief Investment Officer, Chief Product Officer, and our Group headquarters in Munich. We are a cross functional and regional ecosystem of approx. 20 colleagues, covering the full finance value chain from Life Actuarial to Accounting and Controlling. These individuals report to the co-Heads of the Ecosystem: the Life Chief Actuary and the Head of Life Controlling.
Who are we looking for?
With the IFRS17 “go-live date” fast approaching on 1/1/2023, we are looking for a dynamic & self-starting individual who will drive the Belgian Life accounting & controlling aspects of Allianz’s IFRS17 initiative from “project mode” to “business as usual”, while maintaining the existing local GAAP processes. You must be comfortable articulating & explaining the differences in balance sheet and P&L between the various applicable accounting norms (IFRS17, local GAAP, Solvency II) and understand the business implications of the accounting choices taken. In addition, you must have excellent digital skills so as to continue the automation of legacy local GAAP reporting processes. While the ideal candidate will likely come from an accounting / controlling / audit background, the cross-functional nature of our Ecosystem means the successful candidate will need the drive & motivation to deliver on tasks outside of your traditional area of expertise.
• Have a pro-active and pragmatic attitude with a track record of executing on projects.
• Have the intrinsic drive and skills to work with a very talented team of individuals in an international environment.
• Have a Master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or in another relevant field.
• +2-year experience in audit / controlling / accounting
• Be able to manage different stakeholders (from C-suite to your direct colleagues).
• Communicate fluently in English.
Relevant experience seen as a big plus:
• Experience with efficient data management (retrieval, handling and transformation)
• Knowledge of IFRS17, Solvency II and local (Belgian) GAAP
• Communicate fluently in Dutch or French.
- Responsible for the Life USGAAP reporting (P&L and Balance sheet) for the different Life entities across the BeNe region.
- Actively manage all contributors involved in producing the various Life P&L and balance sheets, thus ensuring timeliness & quality of delivery
- Streamline less efficient processes / introduce more digital tooling & mindset within the team.
- Comfortable switching between multiple accounting regimes and translating the key concepts to provide business-relevant insights for Allianz in Belgium.
What we offer
o As a listed company, Allianz is one of the few insurers able to offer its employees the chance to work on IFRS9/17. You will join the team at a similar time as the new accounting standard goes live, giving you “first mover advantage” in terms of developing your expertise.
o Development opportunities:
o We have a proven track record of rapidly promoting internal talent: are you our next Head of Controlling, Chief Accountant, Chief Actuary or Chief Risk Officer?
o We have a strong focus on internal mobility within the Allianz Group. Current/recent Finance colleagues have worked for Allianz entities in Munich, Singapore, Paris, and Prague amongst other locations
o You will interact directly with Board-level stakeholders, giving you the chance to showcase your work and your abilities
o You get access to our Allianz’ global Finance community with leadership / expert classes
o An engaging and diverse team of experts spread out over the Benelux region (and also the Allianz Service Centre in Romania)
o to determine where & when you work (New way of working) – output driven.
o to pursue innovative and creative solutions – Solution driven
o to take risks / make mistakes and learn from them – growth driven
o to challenge status quo and drive positive changes – Improvement driven
Let’s Care For Your Future.